Pages

Friday 25 October 2013

My 'Enchanted' collection by Sophie Elizabeth

I know these aren't illustrations but I thought I'd share with you the collection I made in college - July 2012.
We were given an open brief for our FMP (Final Major Project)in our second year for our fashion show garments. Being as girly as I am, I chose Butterflies for my theme. I chose quite girly colours, and very light organza overlaying material with cotton underneath. I chose to do two short dresses with a small butterfly at the back with two flowing organza pieces for the butterflies wings. My main blue dress was a long dress with two wing shaped pieces at the back which attached to the finger and then could be lifted up. Inspired by Victoria's Secret wings.
I love prom/evening dresses so I based my theme around my own criteria. We start from the beginning going through each process.. choosing a theme, creating a sketchbook with tons of research, drawing up 20 designs, choosing 3, making our own dress patterns, toiling (mocking) them up in calico, sourcing our own fabrics and then, sewing them up for real.
 We then look at the business side of a collection, and create our own statement supporting our collection, doing a photoshoot, creating our own swing tags and business cards and doing illustrations of our garments. This all comes together for our end of year exhibition, which is where we have our own space of a room and can bring in props and lights etc which is open to the public. After this is the end of year show, which is a fashion show showcasing BTEC year 1's work, BTEC year 2's collection, Foundation Degree year 1's work and Foundation DEgree year 2's collection. This is an amazing show, where we can pick our own music suitable to our collection and students also help model garments or help dress the models. Here is a link to my collection on the catwalk! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwNk20sAK4


Twitter - soph_hudson
Instagram - soph_hudson





No comments:

Post a Comment